Public STEM Academy On-Site at The Tribute
Little Elm ISD opened Prestwick STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) K-8 Academy on-site at The Tribute in the fall of 2014. Now, a role model in Texas, Prestwick STEM Academy is an innovative place for learning. The vision is to create a collaborative learning environment. As a project-based learning campus, the students take ownership of their learning, and teachers facilitate by providing an authentic experience in lessons of discovery with real-world applications and twenty-first century skills. Research shows having kindergarten students with 8th graders promotes positive behavior among the kids because they have a sense of community and they know they are role models for the younger students. Click here to watch a video showcasing the STEM Academy.
From Little Elm ISD: Our Mission
The mission of Little Elm Independent School District is to ENGAGE, EQUIP and EMPOWER each student to realize their full potential.
The Little Elm Independent School District encompasses 40 square miles in the southeast corner of Denton County on the north end of Lake Lewisville. Our district is one of the fastest growing districts in the State of Texas. We serve students who reside in the communities of Little Elm, Frisco, Hackberry, Lakewood Village, The Colony, and Oak Point.
Our community maintains a “small town” feeling, yet because of our close proximity to the Dallas-Fort Worth area, our teachers and students have access to the same resources as many large communities.
The district maintains over $132 million in school facilities owned by the local taxpayers. The majority of our schools and facilities have been built or completely renovated within the last five years.
For more information, click here to visit LEISD's page specifically for Realtors and new residents.
6,933 students were enrolled as of January 21, 2015.
Little Elm High School (9-12)
Prestwick STEM Academy (K-8)
Lakeside Middle School (6-8)
Brent Elementary School (K-5)
Cesar Chavez Elementary School (K-5)
Hackberry Elementary School (K-5)
Lakeview Elementary School (K-5)
Oak Point Elementary (K-5)
Zellars Center for Learning and Leadership
Specializations and Program Offerings
- Dual language at Hackberry and Brent Elementary School - there is a waiting list
- Prestwick STEM Academy driven by: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics for all grade levels, K-8
- Advanced Placement courses at Little Elm High School
- Dual credit programs through several college/university partnerships including: NCTC, UTPB, and On-Ramps with the University of Texas. Scholarships are available for dual credit classes.
- Nationally-recognized Vynami Cafe, a restaurant operated by LEHS Special Education students
- 1:1 initiative for students in grades 4-12 provides each student with their own laptop for the entire school year
- Project Based Learning (PBL) in Science and Social Studies for K-5 at Oak Point, K-8 at Prestwick STEM, 6-8 at Lakeside Middle School, and 9-12 at LEHS.
- District childcare for staff that promotes learning and social development
- AVID at Lakeside Middle School and Little Elm High School
- Award-winning Lobo Band
- UIL Academics
- Sports Medicine
- Growing Fine Arts program
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Boys and Girls Soccer
- Cross Country
- Annual regional Special Olympics Track Meet